venerdì 28 gennaio 2011

Sin through Literature

The Paintings:
(top one not finished yet)















The text on my Dorian Gray painting. I drew it all by hand so that there are the right gaps for the laser cutter! Need to fiddle with it on Photoshop and 'stamp' it for a stencil, but the text is ready!










Structure:
The wooden pieces to place the vials and other stuff in have add up to 7 squares aka 7 sins.
20x15
16x17
31x25
23x13.5
23x19
23x22
13x16.5

I think I'm going to stick to doing that sort of engraving idea with microscopic cell structures or something on them



4 commenti:

  1. Oh my goodness!

    The laser cutter is still very sick though

    hope that you are both well soon!

    Mr M

    RispondiElimina
  2. Uff!!! Thanks Sir. At least when it is ready I can just shove all 4 things i need to lasercut in -.-"

    RispondiElimina
  3. I'll get Mihai on the pieces today, but we may have to use alternative methods to put images and text onto them.

    There is a really scary solvent that we can use to print stuff on to wood...

    Mari has picked up 5 pieces of thin wood - does that sound enough?

    M

    RispondiElimina
  4. Just had a genius idea - we can vacuum form the shapes that hold the scientific objects (like Sisi's little people)

    M

    RispondiElimina